Bradford on Avon Town Council became the sole trustee of the Colonel William Llewellen Palmer Educational Charity in August 2017, following the transition from Wiltshire Council.
The Charity was established from the sale of land at Sladesbrook, Bradford on Avon and was confirmed by the Charity Commission on 11 June 1992.
The land sold was part of an area of land that was the subject of a bequest to Wiltshire County Council by Colonel William Llewellen Palmer in 1931. The Charity retains ownership of the remaining land at a site one mile to the north of the town centre which constitutes a recreation ground and allotments.
In the spirit of Colonel Llewellen Palmer’s original bequest, the Charity is for the benefit of children and young person’s up to the age of 25 attending, or who have attended, schools in Bradford on Avon, and for the provision of recreational facilities for the same age group in the town.