28th March 2018
We’re hiring! – Tourism and Events Officer
Tourism and Events Officer
Salary £28,203 on an initial 6 month contract
The Tourism and Events Officer is a contract position to run for 6 months, while the role is developed alongside the Town Council’s tourism strategy. The Tourism and Events Officer is a customer-facing role, working alongside the Communication Manager, and reporting to the Operations Manager (also be recruited) to develop the town’s tourism offering, co-ordinate Town Council events, assist or act as the Town Council’s point of contact for outside events and provide advice and support to other Town Council staff and elected members.
The T&E Officer will also play a co-ordinating role in the town’s Tourist Information Centre, alongside volunteer staff, and assist in running the Town Council’s visitor-focused social media presence, under oversight from the Communications Manager.
The Tourism and Events Officer will be a motivated and customer-focussed individual, with a positive drive to promote the town, through delivery of high-quality events and coverage. They will also be an effective team player, able to co-ordinate with other Town Council staff and volunteers. Another key part of the role is the ability to communicate effectively online, with support from the Communications Manager, to deliver a strong social media presence for visitors and residents.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Point of contact for TIC volunteers, oversee day-to-day activities, inventory management, customer experience, and open and close procedure;
• Primary co-ordinator of Town Council-run activities, as agreed by managers and/or elected members, including annual events such as the Duck Race, Remembrance Sunday, Christmas Lights activities, etc.;
• Town Council point of contact for non-Town Council events in the Town;
• Management of tourism/visitor focused social media accounts and other branded communications, under direction of Communications Manager and consistent with Town Council brand guidelines;
• Co-ordinate ‘coach friendly’ activities, and other initiatives to promote the tourism brand of the town in a way consistent with Town Council Policy
• Liaison with outside tourism bodies;
• Managed by the Operations Manager (and initially the Town Clerk);
• Dotted line management with Communication Manager (for social media and tourism-related communications);
• Manages Tourism and Events Apprentice;
• Councillors, including committee chairs and Leader of the Council;
• External stakeholders include Visit Wiltshire, Visit Bath, BoA Business and tourist-industry businesses within the Bradford on Avon area.
Qualifications and experience
• Degree of higher level qualification in events management preferred;
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role;
• Experience of managing staff or volunteers;
• Experience of managing a social media presence.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
or write to:
Bradford on Avon Town Council
St Margaret’s Hall
St Margaret’s Street
Bradford on Avon
Application closing date: 5pm on 27.04.18