The Town Council is co-ordinating voluntary efforts by local organisations to provide warm spaces where residents can get together this winter. The project recognises the impact on the whole community of the current economic climate, particularly rising fuel bills, and the lockdowns of previous winters.
This online directory will be regularly updated. Opportunities Bradford on Avon Town Council is already aware of are listed below. We are grateful to all the groups who have worked with us to produce the directory and support activities, including the local Co-Op, Sainsbury’s, Churches Together and LINK.
The Town Council has also organised an exciting programme of films which will run at St Margaret’s Hall this winter, enabling it to reprise its former role as the town cinema.
- The Quaker Meeting House will be open to all every Saturday between 10am and 2pm to provide a warm space, as well as soup and a roll.
- On the first and third Monday of every month Avon Stitchers meet in the United Church Hall between 2pm and
4.30pm. Attendance is £5.
- Every third Wednesday of the month from 12.30pm-2pm the Zion Church is offering free soup and roll lunches; every second Saturday of the month it hosts a coffee morning from 10.30am-12.30pm.
- The Community Church in St Margaret’s Street is open as a warm space Monday 11am-1pm, Tuesday to Thursday 9.30-1pm. Note: there is a Ladies’ Gathering 10.30am-12pm on Wednesday, and a Men’s Gathering 10.30am-12pm on Friday. On Fridays it also opens from 12.30pm offering free soup and a roll.
- Every second Friday of the month, The Hub holds a coffee morning between 10am and 12pm. The Hub also hosts hot lunches every Thursday. Booking required.
- On the first and third Wednesday of the month, St Nicholas Church, Winsley, hosts a Kettle’s On social get
together, with refreshments, between 10am and 12 noon.
- The Men’s Shed meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 9am-1pm at Bradford Town Football Club ground, Trowbridge Road.
- Bradford on Avon Library is open at the following times: Monday: 10am-7pm; Wednesday: 9.30am-5pm; Thursday: 9.30am-7pm; Friday: 9.30am-5pm; Saturday: 9.30am-4pm. Closed Sunday and Tuesday.
- Keep warm and have fun at our weekly Tea Dance – every Thursday in St Margaret’s Hall from 2pm-4.30pm. £5 a head, to include tea and cake; no booking required.
- The next Dementia Friendly Wednesday Matinee will be The Railway Children Return on Wednesday, 14 December at 1.30pm in St Margaret’s Hall. Admission is £5 including refreshments and carers can attend for free.
Sunday Film Club in St Margaret’s Hall
On Sunday afternoons throughout December and January the Town Council has organised family-friendly films in St Margaret’s Hall. Doors will open from 1.30pm with the film starting at 2pm. Admission is £2 per person, £5 for a family of four, or free for those in receipt of benefits.
Sunday, 20 November – Lightyear
Sunday, 27 November – Dumbo
Sunday, 11 December – Muppets Christmas Carol
Sunday, 8 January – Beauty & the Beast
Sunday, 15 January – Downton Abbey: A New Era
Sunday, 22 January – Railway Children Return