Bradford on Avon’s Neighbourhood Plan – 2013 to 2026
Bradford on Avon’s Neighbourhood Plan was adopted in October 2017, following a town vote (a referendum) in September 2017.
An adopted Neighbourhood Plan is often referred to as a made plan.
The plan is also available to read on Wiltshire Council’s website, where they have a list of all the made plans in Wiltshire (including ours) and the supporting documents.
Why we’re reviewing our plan
Our Neighbourhood Plan was written to cover the period 2013 to 2026.
This doesn’t mean that our plan stops, ends, or becomes redundant in 2026, though – and there isn’t a requirement for us to review the current plan. The plan could carry on.
However, communities with made Neighbourhood Plans can review their plans at any time – and it is generally recommended that plans are checked to see how effective they are – and to make sure they’re up to date.
And some important changes since 2017 – including 2021 revisions to the National Planning Policy Framework – mean that we will be reviewing our plan.
Reviewing our plan
The process for reviewing our plan will change depending on what sort of changes we propose.
There are 3 type of changes that can be made:
- a minor or non-material change
- a material change (or modification)
- a substantial change (or modification).
What’s happened – and what’s happening at the moment
We commissioned a Housing Needs Assessment (HNA) for the town. This report looks at the housing requirements for Bradford on Avon.
We’re currently reviewing the draft of this report – and this will be reflected in the review.
- we’re checking the existing Neighbourhood Plan and noting any minor changes that need to be made, including corrections
- we’re cross-referencing our plan with the revised National Planning Policy Framework
- we’re working on a vision for Bradford on Avon.
Although this will be a separate document to an updated Neighbourhood Plan, it will be similarly strategic in its outlook and its ambitions – and we plan to include it and reference it in the Neighbourhood Plan.
- we’re organising a business forum, which will help to inform our review of the Economy and Enterprise section of the Neighbourhood Plan.
- finish checking the existing plan for things that need correcting or clarifying; or that would benefit from clearer, simpler language
- finish the draft town vision
- carry on conversations with Wiltshire Council
- draft a timeframe for when and how people can get involved with the review
- hold the business forum
- check the availability of funding for the review.
Get in touch
Please contact us if you have any questions about the review.
Further reading and resources
There’s more information about Neighbourhood Plans and neighbourhood planning on the following websites: