Bradford on Avon Town Council is now promoting its Photography Competition for which the theme is simply ‘Beautiful Bradford – The Perfect Setting’.
If you have a passion for Bradford on Avon and photography this is for you!
Architectural, landscape, landmarks, street scenes, local event themes in and around Bradford on Avon are the kinds of pictures we are looking for.. Remember it’s about Bradford on Avon so please no portraits of your family!
All entrants must be 18 or over on the closing date (30th September 2016), with the exception of the Young Photographer of the Year category, for which entrants must be under the age of 18 on the competition closing date (30th September 2016).
A framed photograph and £50 voucher to be used in Bradford on Avon will be awarded to the Overall Winner and Young Photography Winner. Winners whose photographs are selected for the Bradford on Avon Calendar 2017 will receive a copy of the calendar. A winner will also be chosen for the Mayor’s Christmas Card 2016 and will receive a framed copy.
Download a entry form by clicking here
• The competition is open to all photographers; Professionals, Amateurs, Children (under 18 years)
• Each entry should be marked with entrant’s name, address, contact telephone number and where the photo was taken.
• Image files must be a high resolution and minimum file size 1MB.
• Entrants can submit up to four photos.
• Image files to be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• A panel comprised of the Town Mayor, Town Clerk, Cllr John Potter and a representative of The Royal Photographic Society will select the winning entries. The judges will be looking for originality, creativity, strong composition.
• All entries must be of pictures taken in the Parish of Bradford on Avon, can be taken at any time of the year and represent Beautiful Bradford. Please note that no portraits of people or close up nature shots will be accepted.
• The judges’ decisions will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
• All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured.
• Entrants under 16 must obtain written permission from a parent or guardian before entering. Please print and keep a copy of the entry form with all necessary signatures.
• Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
• Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc, but not manipulate the content. The judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
• Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of their entries or won or been a runner up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
• Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit, but agree that Bradford on Avon Town Council (BOATC) and its partners can make the photographs available as royalty free images in order to promote the town of Bradford on Avon.
• By entering the competition all entrants grant to BOATC the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on the town’s and other relevant websites, including social media as well as for use by journalists. (While we make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every published or broadcast use of the photographs will include photographers’ names.) No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
• By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and BOATC reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if BOATC has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
• BOATC reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, BOATC reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
• The closing date for entries is 30th September 2016. Winners will be notified by the end of October 2016 and the winning pictures will be used in the Council’s 2017 Calendar.