11th November 2020
COVID-19 Update from Leader of the Council
With the second COVID-19 lockdown now in place Leader of the Council, Cllr Dom Newton, has released a statement on the current situation in Bradford on Avon, as well as updates on Town Council operations.
Further information relating to the statement:
Town Council facilities
- All children’s play areas and parks are currently OPEN (excluding pavilion)
- Public Toilets are currently OPEN
- Tennis and basketball courts are CLOSED
- St Margaret’s Hall, the Youth & Community Centre and Explore BoA Tourist Information Centre are closed (excluding essential health related provision, radio station broadcasting and Family Support Group)
- BoA Town Council Meetings will continue to be held online via Zoom
- BoA Youth are operating online sessions
- Where possible, Town Council officers are working from home, with full access to phone and email accounts.
- Town Wardens are continuing to carry out duties as normal.
- The annual Christmas lights Switch-On event and Festive Fayre have been cancelled. However, the Christmas lights will still be installed and will come on automatically at the end of November.
- Along with provision of the Christmas lights and large trees around the town, the Town Council has gifted Christmas trees to each central BoA business frontage.
- The Giving Tree in Lamb Yard will still be accepting donations for The Hub, Bath Cats & Dogs Home and Julian House
- To find out more or join the BoA Community Emergency Volunteers (CEVs) CLICK HERE
- To donate funds, goods or boxes to the HUB, or seek help from them yourself, find out more HERE
Shopping locally and Business info
- To find out which businesses and shops are operating, and how, visit our dedicated Explore BoA page HERE
- To register your shop or business for free on our Explore BoA site CLICK HERE
COVID 19 guidelines
- To view the current COVID-19 government guidelines visit Gov.uk